Top Gun World Series (Akron) Rules
Bracket seeding will be done by: (Pool winners seeded first regardless of record.)
1. ppg (1 point for a win, .5 points for a tie, 0 points for a loss) divided by # of games played
2. # of wins
3. avg runs allowed
4. avg runs scored
BRACKET SEEDING RULES
(Pool winners seeded first regardless of record.)
ppg* / # of games played
1 point tie
.5 points loss
# of wins
avg runs allowed
avg runs scored
- Tournament specific rules are covered below. Rules not specifically outlined below are covered by the NFHS Baseball Rules.
- No infield before games.
- All teams will play three (3) games in pool play. ALL TEAMS WILL PARTICIPATE IN BRACKET PLAY! Top teams will advance to the Gold Bracket, next Teams to the Silver Bracket, next to Bronze and so on. Any team who loses their FIRST bracket game on Saturday will play a consolation game on Saturday or Sunday. Seeding will be by 1) Points/Game 2) Average Runs allowed 3) Average Runs Scored 4) Head to Head 5) Coin Flip. Teams will get 1 Points for a Win, ½ Point for a Tie and 0 Point for a Loss divided by the number of games played. Pool winners will be seeded first, regardless of record. Wild cards will be seeded after pool winners.
- Coaches are responsible for having their pitchers ready at game time. If preceding game is running late, it is still the coach’s responsibility to find somewhere for his pitcher to warm up so your game can start immediately after the preceding game ends.
- Home team determined by coin flip except in championship round where higher seed is home team.
- All games in pool play will be seven (7) innings with a 2-hour time limit. Tie games (after 7 innings) in pool play are rendered a tie unless time limit has not been reached. All Bracket games will be 2 hours.
- There is no time limit in the Championship game. However, the run rule still applies in the Championship round. Run rule is as follows: eight (8) after five (5) innings, twelve (12) after four (4) innings, and fifteen (15) after three (3) innings.
- Pitching Rules: Coaches discretion.
- You may bat 9, use an EH and/or a DH.
- BAT LIMITATIONS: BBCOR
- Courtesy runner for the catcher only at any time but with 2 out is mandatory. The courtesy runner must be a player not currently in the lineup. If no player is available you may run your last out.
- $50.00 cash protest fee. Protest decided on the field by umpire and Tournament Director. Protest fee returned if protest upheld.
- No coolers allowed AT DESIGNATED SITES.
- NO METAL CLEATS, SUNFLOWER SEEDS, OR TOBACCO ON ANY TURF FIELD. Breaking this rule will result in IMMEDIATE ejection from the park.
- The head coach is responsible for the behavior of coaches, parents, and fans.
- The umpires are in charge of the game. Excessive arguing or abuse will not be tolerated. The umpire's decision on any judgment call is final. Rule interpretation can be discussed with the tournament director.
- All participants are competing at their own risk. By participating you agree to hold the Tournament Director, Tournament Officials, Tournament Hosts, and Tournament Sponsors harmless from any liability resulting from participation in the tournament. Team insurance is mandatory and must be available upon request.
- RAINOUTS: Whether or not to cancel games due to weather is NOT the choice of the Tournament Director. It is solely on the shoulders of the person running the fields we are using, or the umpires. There are NO makeup games unless the Tournament Director feels the integrity of the tournament will be compromised without such makeup games. Championship Round: If there are rainouts in the Championship Round, the higher seed will move on.
- IN CASE OF INCLEMMENT WEATHER, THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO RE-FORMAT THE TOURNAMENT. NO FEE REFUND WILL BE ISSUED FOR GAMES MISSED.